An Anne Arundel County press release (2017-09-07) announced that the County will be holding eight public sessions to provide input on its pending General Development Plan update (called “Anne Arundel 2040”). From the press release:
Anne Arundel County today announced the Office of Planning & Zoning will hold eight public input sessions across the County to accept community input as the county government begins the General Development Plan, entitled Anne Arundel 2040.
“Public input will be essential to this process,” said Planning and Zoning Officer Phil Hager. “We want to hear from the citizens at the front end of the effort to ensure their concerns and ideas are incorporated as we chart a course for our County’s future.”
Public input sessions will provide the citizens a significant opportunity to have their voice heard as county government embarks on the two year General Development Plan process. Officials from all relevant land use departments will be on hand to hear the ideas and perspectives of residents in every corner of the County.
Citizens can join the conversation at one of the sessions, which will run from 6pm to 8pm. The schedule for these public input sessions is as follows:
- September 25 at North County High School
- October 17 at Broadneck High School*
- November 30 at Old Mill High School *
- December 11 at Arundel High School *
- January 11 at Annapolis High School *
- January 29 at Northeast High School *
- February 8 at Southern High School *
- February 22 at Brooklyn Park Middle School ** dates and locations subject to change …The plan is scheduled to be completed by December 2019, with the comprehensive re-zoning legislation submitted to the County Council thereafter.