Committee leadership and participation are an integral part of the National Association of Counties’ (NACo) mission. Incoming President-elect Roy Charles Brooks encourages you to get involved. In preparation for his presidency, he and NACo are pleased to begin the appointments process. Applications are due June 2, 2017.
These appointments are for:
- Policy steering committee chairs and vice chairs and subcommittee chairs and vice chairs
- Large Urban County Caucus (LUCC) and Rural Action Caucus (RAC) chairs, vice chairs and members
- Standing committee chairs, vice chairs and members
- Ad hoc committee, task force and advisory board chairs, vice chairs and members
- At-large NACo board directors
Click here for more information about NACo committees.
To be considered for a presidential appointment to any of the above committees or as an at-large director for the NACo Board of Directors, you MUST complete the application online before June 2, 2017. Appointments will be announced after NACo’s Annual Conference in July.
IMPORTANT: Steering committee membership is not a part of this application process.
State associations of counties are responsible for nominating policy steering committee members. The online nomination form for policy steering committee membership can be found here.