A monthly call provides an opportunity for county government officials throughout the northeast United States to discuss federal policies affecting county governments.
This month’s Northeast Regional Conference Call will be held on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 8:00AM EST. The call is hosted by the National Association of Counties Northeast Regional Representative.
Dial-In(toll free): 1-888-757-2790
Conference Call Objectives
- Regular update from your NACo Regional Representative
- NACo Staff update on critical issues legislatively and organizationally
- Address issues of concern to you
Welcome and Introductions
- Hon. Christian Leinbach – Chairman, Berks County Commissioners (PA) / NACo NE US Representative
- Roll Call by State – Each state will be called and Elected County Officials will be asked to state their name and county.
General Legislative/NACo Update
- Deborah Cox – NACo Legislative Director
- Federal Budget Update and Debt Ceiling
- ACA repeal and replace status
- Tax Reform status
- Hadi Saigh – Associate Legislative Director – Justice & Public Safety
- ICE Detainers and what they mean for counties
- The 287(g) program impacts on counties and sheriffs
- Sanctuary Counties
Upcoming NACo Webinars:
- Stepping Up Network Call: Establishing Baseline Data for Mental Illness in Jails May. 17, 2017, 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm http://www.naco.org/events/stepping-network-call-establishing-baseline-data-mental-illness-jails
- NACo Website link with upcoming webinars http://www.naco.org/resources/programs-and-initiatives/webinars
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE / Franklin County, OH July 21 – 24, 2017 – http://www.naco.org/events/nacos-82nd-annual-conference-exposition
- Future NACo Conference Dates http://www.naco.org/events/future-conference-dates
The next conference call will be May 24th at 8AM.