U.S. Senator Ben Cardin will speak during the Maryland Association of Counties Winter Conference as part of the 2017 MD General Assembly Forecast Session.
As part of the Winter Conference, MACo features a forecast panel with perspectives from House, Senate, and Administration leadership for the upcoming legislative session. This year, U.S. Senator Ben Cardin will join the panel to present a Federal legislative outlook.
Don’t miss this informative session that is sure to provide some insight for the months ahead! Register today.
2017 General Assembly Session Forecast
As usual, the upcoming legislative Session generates more questions than answers—both for officials in Annapolis, and those back in the county seats. How will softened revenue forecasts alter budget and spending priorities? What will become of unsettled laws on transportation spending and priorities? Is this a year for public safety reforms…yet again? The General Assembly’s two presiding officers, legislative minority leadership, and a policy advocate from the Administration will share their views on the issues confronting Annapolis for 2017 and beyond.
- The Honorable Ben Cardin, U.S. Senate
- The Honorable Thomas V. Mike Miller, President, Maryland Senate
- The Honorable Michael E. Busch, Speaker, Maryland House of Delegates
- The Honorable J.B. Jennings, Minority Leader, Maryland Senate
- Keiffer J. Mitchell, Jr., Senior Adviser to Governor Hogan
- Moderator: The Honorable Kevin Kamenetz, County Executive, Baltimore County
- Date/Time: Friday, December 9, 2016; 9:30 am – 10:45 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: