There are still a few seats left, but they’re going quickly.
Learn the basics – where to park, how to sign-up to testify, where to go for lunch.
And the very complex – how a bill is heard, what a bond bill is/how it affects the budget, the most effective way to testify.
Included in this FREE training:
- Overview of the General Assembly Session and the Legislative Process
- What is MACo and its Role in the Legislative Process?
- The Fiscal Note Process
- The Bond Bill and Budget Hearing Process
- Tips on Testifying
- Tour of the State Capitol, Senate, and House Buildings
These topics will be covered by MACo staff, experts from the Department of Legislative Services, and appropriate staff members from House or Senate Committees.
Who should attend?
- Newly elected or appointed officials
- Veteran officials or professionals who want a refresher
- Interns or new policy-focused professionals
This event is a membership benefit for MACo Members – only Maryland county elected officials and county staff members are invited to attend. If space is available, other individuals may register for a fee. Please contact Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.