Registration is now open for MACo’s Winter Conference, An Ounce of Prevention.
On December 7-9, 2016, join 500+ county elected officials and staff, legislators, State and Federal officials, and commercial/nonprofit representatives for 3 days of educational sessions and strategic planning at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MD. This conference will focus on how counties can prepare to best serve and protect their residents across many different areas of county service. Sessions will discuss public health, maintaining infrastructure, and strategies to be sure counties are ready for possible emergency scenarios, developing trends, and long-term changes.
Here are a few of the opportunities we’ve added to Wednesday of MACo’s Winter Conference:
- County Elected Official Roundtable – Discuss issues and solutions with your peers
- Affiliate Organization Meetings – Focus on best practices in each of the county service areas
- Expanded Exhibit Hall – Visit with more than 50 vendors who support local government with cost-saving products and services
- Active Shooter Response Deep Dive Session – Learn from the experts how to handle an active shooter situation as an individual, but also as an elected or appointed official
- Academy Core Courses – Enhance your foundation skills with the Academy for Excellence in Local Governance Open Meetings and County Financial Management courses
- Workshop Sessions – Discuss challenges and resources on topics such as emergency management, infrastructure, or others related to county services
And that’s just WEDNESDAY!
Thursday and Friday offer more workshop sessions, 2 General Sessions, several meetings and briefings, more opportunities to visit with our exhibitors, our highly anticipated General Assembly Forecast, and our Inaugural Banquet & Awards Ceremony (the Governor traditionally installs our Board and addresses our guests!).