Baltimore’s Enoch Pratt Free Library named Gordon E. Krabbe as Interim CEO, taking
over for Carla Hayden, whom the U.S. Senate confirmed as Librarian of Congress last month.
Krabbe served as the Library’s director of administrative services previously, having joined the Library in 1989. Pratt Library’s board of trustees and directors continue to search for a permanent replacement for Hayden. The Baltimore Business Journal reports more.
Learn more about the changing landscape at Maryland’s local libraries at next week’s MACo Summer Conference session, “From Dewey Decimal to WWW: Libraries Online.”
Description: Maryland libraries are leaders in bringing the latest technology to our communities. They are designated hubs of broadband connectivity, striving to close the digital divide in our communities and they are a place of learning and professional development. With the launch of MakerSpaces, Innovation Labs, and STEM classes, residents come to libraries to create original content and train on skills critical to compete in today’s economy. Library members range from toddlers learning to read, to entrepreneurs learning to use 3D printers.
- Mary Hastler, CEO, Harford County Public Library, Immediate Past President of Maryland Association of Public Library Administrators
- Mary Baykan, Director, Washington County Free Library
- Morgan Miller, Acting Director, Cecil County Public Library
- Valerie Gross, CEO & President, Howard County Library
Date/Time: Friday, August 19, 2016; 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
The MACo summer conference will be held August 17-20, 2016 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year the conference’s theme is “Cyber Solutions: Counties in the Digital Age.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure – with full schedule and session descriptions
- Online Registration – ATTENDEES
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Registration – EXHIBITORS
- Sponsor Brochure
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com