Congress passed the Affordable Care Act years ago, but only now are some of its revenue sources – taxes, penalties, and fees – coming into effect.
Learn how the Affordable Care Act’s rules affect county government employers at the 2015 MACo December Winter Conference. In Say “Ahh” – County Compliance with the Affordable Care Act, a healthcare consultant to county governments will describe how counties can ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act in the months and years ahead.
This is the first year of implementation for several elements of the Affordable Care Act, including reporting requirements that must be used for employee tax returns. At the same time, new affordability of care standards create potential for fines and penalties as their applicability to various scenarios is discovered. In this timely session, hear best practices for implementation of new requirements and learn strategies for avoiding penalties as a county employer.
- Session: Title: Say “Ahh” – County Compliance with the Affordable Care Act
- Speaker: Mr. Richard Jones, President, Jones Management Consulting
- Moderator: The Honorable Sheree-Sample Hughes, Maryland House of Delegates
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 10, 2015; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Sponsor Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Conduit Street blog coverage
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.