MACo’s December 2015 Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will take place from December 9 – 11 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme of the conference is “Mission: Public Safety” and it will focus on policing in the modern age and how new technology can enhance communications, coordinated response, and public relations during routine emergencies and regional catastrophes.
Following tradition, MACo will also host a “2016 General Assembly Forecast” to discuss issues that may arise during the upcoming General Assembly Session, which starts on January 13, 2016.
Description: The upcoming session appears to be a challenging one for officials in Annapolis. Revenues are up for the coming fiscal year, but competing ideas on how the funds should be used may trigger disagreements. At the same time, the increasing cost of school construction, the growing concern over public safety issues and improving the state’s business climate warrants public and political attention. The General Assembly’s two presiding officers, the House and Senate minority leaders, and a policy advocate from the Administration will share their views on the issues confronting Annapolis for 2016 and beyond.
- The Honorable Thomas V. Mike Miller President, Maryland Senate
- The Honorable Michael E. Busch Speaker, Maryland House of Delegates
- The Honorable J.B. Jennings, Minority Leader, Maryland Senate
- Joseph M. Getty, Chief Legislative Officer, Governor Hogan’s Administration
Date/Time: Friday, December 10, 2015; 9:30 am – 10:45 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure – NEW! With session titles and descriptions
- Online Registration
- Online Hotel Reservations at the Hyatt
- Conduit Street blog coverage
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.