Sustainable Maryland is offering a leadership training workshop for local government officials on creative financing for sustainability projects. The workshop will be held in mid-November at three different locations in the state. Registration costs $35.00 and includes breakfast, lunch, parking, and program materials. MACo is a co-sponsor of this event. From a Sustainable Maryland email announcement:
Leadership Training Workshops on… Creative Financing for Sustainability Projects
You’ve heard of some these creative options for financing sustainability projects in the last few years: solar coops, public/private partnerships (P3s), green bonds, power purchase agreements… But maybe you still don’t know what they are all about???
Our upcoming Leadership Training workshops will provide you with:
- An overview of the range of potential funding sources and implementation mechanisms on the market TODAY!
- Tools to help save money and create efficiencies
Direct access to financing providers and real-world examples.
3 DATES / 3 LOCATIONS – SAME GREAT PROGRAM!
Choose the most convenient date/location:
- Monday, November 16, 9:00am – 4:00pm Location: Cambridge Public Safety Building, Cambridge REGISTER
- Wednesday, November 18, 9:00am – 4:00pm Location: Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland, College Park REGISTER
- Thursday, November 19, 9:00am – 4:00pm Location: University System of Maryland at Hagerstown REGISTER
REGISTRATION FEE: $35.00 (includes breakfast, lunch, program materials, free parking)
- Business Case for Sustainability: Session overview
- Basics of Financing: Five Steps for a More Resilient Program, Determining Costs and Creating a Realistic Budget
- Grants: Building your case for support and framing your message
- Co-ops, Bulk Purchasing and Regionalization: Leveraging partnerships to bring down prices
- Innovative Financing Techniques: P3s, Green Bonds, and taping into rebates
- Envisioning a Sustainability Financing Plan: Making the Case and Building Your Team
- Sustainability Speed-Dating
***session topics subject to change***
A detailed agenda will be available on October 19.
Questions? Contact Mike Hunninghake at email@example.com or 301-405-7956.