NACo’s 2014-2015 Annual Report and accompanying video highlights some of the National Association of Counties’ key accomplishments from the past year, none of which would have been possible without membership from across America’s 3,069 county governments.
Some achievements include:
- Securing renewed funding for the Payments In Lieu of Taxes (PILT) and Secure Rural Schools (SRS) programs
- Waging an aggressive campaign to reform the proposed “Waters of the United States” rule
- Building new congressional momentum to restore previous funding cuts for local transportation infrastructure
- Continuing to protect tax-exempt municipal bonds while advancing a level playing field for Main Street and online businesses through the Marketplace Fairness Act
- Launching a national campaign to address our nation’s mental illness crisis in our local jails, in partnership with the Council of State Governments Justice Center and the American Psychiatric Foundation
- Launching a new public relations campaign, “Federal Policies Matter to County Government…County Government Matters to America.”
Read the full report here, or click below to jump to a specific section in the report.