The Center for State and Local Government Excellence (affiliated with ICMA and ICMA-RC) is hosting a Retirement Security Summit on June 9 from 1-5 p.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The event is free to attend.
The event will cover:
Retirement Summit to Address 5 Key Questions
– Are the public and private sector benefits heading in the same direction?
– Is the pace of pension reforms slowing down? Have recent reforms hit the mark?
– Have fiscal constraints and demographics changed the social contract with state and local government employees?
– Do governments do a good job balancing wage and benefit adequacy with fiscal sustainability?
– What works to help employees save more for retirement?
Hear leading experts in retirement, public policy, employee benefits, and human resources address the implications of the evolving social contract with public employees and promising practices for boosting retirement savings. Peter Harkness, Founder and Publisher Emeritus, Governing, will moderate the program at the National Press Club on June 9, 2015.
The event is free to attend. Find more information about the summit and register to attend here.