MACo’s January 2015 Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will take place from January 7-9 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme of the conference is “The Road Ahead” and will focus on local government legislative priorities for the upcoming General Assembly Session, integrating newly elected officials, and building relationships with new legislators and the new Administration.
One panel will focus on the critical importance that infrastructure (roads, water, power, etc.) plays in fostering both economic development and a high quality of life and the infrastructure funding challenges facing the counties, Maryland, and the federal government.
Description: A strong public infrastructure increases residents’ quality of life and fosters business growth and economic development. Conversely, poor public infrastructure can drive residents and businesses away. Yet, despite its critical importance, Maryland is struggling to maintain a sound infrastructure system. As our aging infrastructure decays, the costs to renovate and replace it is already in the billions and will continue to increase over time. Panelists will highlight the state of our public infrastructure, discuss the impact that reduced state and federal funding has had on county infrastructure projects and maintenance, and review recent and upcoming efforts to make infrastructure funding a priority, not only for policymakers, but for the residents themselves.
- The Honorable John Delaney, United States House of Representatives
- The Honorable Bryan Desloge, Second Vice President, National Association of Counties and Commissioner, Leon County, Florida
- Dr. Memo Diriker, Director, Business, Economic, and Community Outreach Network (BEACON), Perdue School of Business, Salisbury University
- The Honorable Isiah (Ike) Leggett, County Executive, Montgomery County (as a participating moderator)
Date & Time: Thursday, January 8, 2015; 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (with session descriptions)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms: (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.