MACo’s Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will be held January 7-9, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD. Themed “The Road Ahead” the conference will focus on county government fundamentals, building relationships with newly elected officials at the county, state, and legislative levels, and strategic planning for the coming years.
The session “Advancing Your Community…Techniques for Economic Development Strategies” will focus on diverse economic strategies to achieve success in given the diverse demographics of the State:
Economic development transforms our lives by encouraging innovation, creating jobs, and enriching communities. Yet demographic differences amongst the counties may lead to different approaches to achieve these outcomes. This session will discuss specific economic development strategies and the importance of working together in partnership to achieve our economic goals.
- Lawrence F. Twele, CEcD, President & CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Laurie M. Boyer, CEcD, Director, Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI)
- Keasha N. Haythe, CEcD, Director, Dorchester County Economic Development
- William H. Cole, President & CEO, Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC)
Date/Time: Thursday, January 8, 2015; 10:30 am – 11:45 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (with session descriptions!)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms:
(contact email@example.com with questions)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.