Human trafficking is one of the fastest growing and profitable criminal enterprises in the world. Victims of this modern-day form of slavery often include children or adults forced, coerced, or deceived into the sex trade, child exploitation, or forced labor and services. According to a report from the Abell Foundation, Maryland sits at the heart of a multi-state trafficking circuit. As this problem grows, so must strategies to rescue and assist the victims. In this session, panelists will discuss human trafficking in Maryland, along with the challenges and different approaches to providing assistance and services to the victims.
- Christine Dolan, Broadcasting & Print Investigative Journalist, Former Political Director at CNN
- Detective Milton Orellana, Easton Maryland Department of Police
- Michael Lyles, Executive Director, Prince George’s County Department of Human Relations
- Amanda Rodriguez, Human Trafficking Policy Advisor, Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention
Moderator: The Honorable Kriselda Valderrama, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Friday, August 15, 2014; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s 2014 Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Reduced Hotel Rates List
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White with questions about Summer Conference.