The National Association of Counties (NACo) is seeking a state representative to represent Maryland on its Membership Committee. Please contact Robin J. Clark, Maryland Association of Counties at (410) 269-0043 if you would like to serve. The application deadline is July 31, 2014.
Currently all 24 Maryland counties belong to NACo, but participation in the NACo membership efforts and promotion of their services can yield benefits for counties and their residents.
Position Description: The State Director is an officially appointed position of the Membership Committee and is appointed by the NACo President for a one-year term during the NACo Annual Conference.
The State Director is a volunteer position and has the following job responsibilities:
- Keep in close contact with the Membership Committee leadership and NACo membership staff in order to have the most updated list of member and nonmember counties within your state.
- Read and familiarize yourself with the benefits of NACo membership including any new programs that are of special interest to your state’s counties.
- Contact all nonmember and member counties via phone, fax, e-mail, direct mail or in person meetings to encourage NACo membership. Report activities and results to the NACo Membership Committee staff liaison for inclusion in committee updates or reports.
- Contact all canceling county members within your state to try to get them to reinstate NACo membership. Report activities and results to the NACo Membership Committee staff liaison for inclusion in committee updates or reports.
- Attend your state association meetings and arrange meetings with nonmember or canceling counties whenever possible.
- Coordinate membership efforts with the state association to raise the visibility of the NACo membership effort.