Across the state several counties recently transferred responsibilities to a new set of officers, and a few still have upcoming elections.
- In Caroline County, Commissioner Jefferson Ghrist becomes President of the Commission, while Commissioner Larry Porter assumes the Vice-President post.
- In Carroll County, Commissioner David Roush is the new Board President, Commissioner Richard Rothschild is the new Vice President and Commissioner Robin Frazier is the Secretary.
- In Howard County, Council Member Calvin Ball is Chairperson & Council Member Courtney Watson is the Vice Chairperson.
- In Montgomery County, Council Member Craig Rice was elected Council President and Council Member George Leventhal was selected as Vice President.
- In Prince George’s County, Council Member Mel Franklin was elected Council Chair and William A. Campos assumes the role of the Council’s Vice Chair.
- In Wicomico County, Council President Matt Holloway will continue another term, while John Hall assumes the role of Vice President.
Elections still pending are in the following counties: Calvert County, Dorchester County, Garrett County, Queen Anne’s County, St. Mary’s County & Talbot County.
The following chart shows the terms of officers for each county and their next officer election.
|Jurisdiction||Term of Officers||Next Change|
|Anne Arundel||1 year||2014|
|Baltimore City||4 years||2014|
|Baltimore County||1 year||2014|
|Prince George’s||1 year||2014|
|Queen Anne’s||1 year||2014|
|St. Mary’s||1 year (VP)||2014|
|Talbot||1 year||2013 (Dec. 10)|
|Worcester||2 years (VP)||2014|