The National Association of Counties (NACo) recently released its 2012-2013 Annual Report, focusing on “you”. The Association “exists because of you, is owned by you, and is made up of local leaders like you from across the entire United States.”
From Executive Director of NACo, Matthew D. Chase’s annual report release,
NACo’s new strategic vision focuses on pursuing healthy, vibrant, safe and resilient counties. To achieve this bold new plan, we are placing an increased emphasis on five basic principles. They are:
- promoting sound public policies that advance the interests of counties
- empowering county leaders with new skills and ideas
- assisting counties with first-class, cost-effective and customer-driven services and resources
- enhancing the public’s understanding of county government, and
- exercising sound stewardship of NACo’s resources.
Building on NACo’s proud history of nearly eight decades of service, we are bringing new energy, intensity and strategies to carry out these principles.
The annual report includes the five principles, key accomplishments, goals for the future and more.
Click here for more information regarding NACo’s annual report.