The National Association of Counties’ (NACo) Rural Action Caucus (RAC) Steering Committee recently met to discuss its 2013 legislative priorities. RAC is a bipartisan coalition of rural elected officials who strive to enhance the quality of life in rural counties through effective federal legislation. For 2013, RAC will focus its advocacy efforts on five key issues:
- Relief from unfunded mandates
- Reauthorization of the Farm Bill with a focus on rural development
- Improvements to rural health care delivery and substance abuse with a focus on youth and veterans
- Implementation of the new surface transportation law (MAP-21)
- Reauthorization of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act (SRS) Payments in Lieu of Taxas (PILT)
For more information contact Erik Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.942.4230.