The Fall 2011 Maryland Planning Directors’ Roundtable will be meeting on Thursday, October 13, from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM at the Maryland Higher Education Commission in Annapolis to hear a report prepared by the Urban Land Institute on a series of workshops the Institute held regarding PlanMaryland and growth challenges.
The goal of the workshops was to answer three questions:
- Why don’t we have more growth in Priority Funding Areas (PFAs) and more infill development?
- How do State and local infrastructure funding and entitlement programs influence where development occurs?
- What should the State include in PlanMaryland to make the goals happen?
The draft report is available here.
The Maryland Department of Planning is asking that attendees be prepared to discuss the report and these additional questions:
- Have you identified similar issues as impediments to infill and in-PFA development in your jurisdiction? Are these accurate depictions of impediments?
- Are there other challenges to making growth in PFAs and infill happen?
- Where do you see the best opportunities for reform?
- How can we creatively move forward with this discussion and engage others?
For more information or to register for the Roundtable, click here.