Wednesday, June 8, 2011
11:00 am PT / 2:00 pm ET
Duration: 1 hour
The fiscal outlook for the states and localities may not be as bleak as it may seem.
• What is the likelihood of bankruptcy?
• Will there be significant bond defaults?
• What is the future of employee pensions?
• Where has spending increased?
• Where are the opportunities for private-public partnerships?
Don’t miss the chance to gain a better understanding of where the state and local opportunities are now, and in the years to come!
Join GOVERNING for a free, interactive webinar to discuss the current fiscal condition of the nearly 90,000 state and local governments. Our expert speakers will present insights into the real state of affairs in these critical areas:
• Municipal bond defaults
• Bond debt and retiree benefits
• Municipal bond market stability
• The future of municipal bond market
Penelope Lemov, Contributing Editor and author of GOVERNING’s Finance eNewsletter
Peter Harkness, Founder & Publisher Emeritus, GOVERNING
Ryan Holeywell, Staff Writer, GOVERNING
Fred Kuhn, Publisher, GOVERNING