MACo’s 2023 Annapolis Immersion Training will be held on Friday, December 15, at MACo’s office in Annapolis from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
MACo’s Annapolis Immersion training program helps county officials and professionals navigate the Maryland General Assembly Session. This training is perfect as a primer for new officials and new legislative staff, or as a refresher for returning officials and staff.
The training features segments on the following topics:
- Overview of the Maryland General Assembly Session and the Legislative Process
- MACo’s Role in the Legislative Process
- The Fiscal Note Process
- The Bond Bill and Budget Hearing Process
- Tips on Testifying
These topics will be covered by MACo staff, experts from the Department of Legislative Services, and appropriate staff members from House or Senate Committees. Lunch and a walking tour of the State Capitol buildings are also included.
- Registration is FREE for MACo Members (county elected officials and professionals). Register today!
- Non-members will be invited to attend with a $75 registration fee if the training is not full by December 10. Non-members may email Amanda Grosskrueger to be put on the waitlist.
- Space is limited and the deadline to register is December 10, 2023, so please register today!