How to apply:
Complete an online application. As part of the application, the high school senior will be asked to write a short essay. Please keep the response to 500 words or fewer, and the student should answer in his or her own words.
- The applicant’s parent, grandparent or legal guardian must be enrolled in and have a current employee funded 457(b) Plan offered through the NACo Deferred Compensation Program.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study no later than the autumn term of the 2023-2024 school year or at an accredited Trade School or two or four-year college.
- Immediate family members of NACo employees, members of the NACo Defined Contribution and Retirement Advisory Committee or its governing board of directors, staff of individual state Association of Counties that are members of the LLC and Nationwide employees are not eligible to apply; this program is not offered outside the United States.
- The application and entry must be submitted online between April 1 and May 31, 2023.
- Scholarship entries will be reviewed by a committee of associates from both Nationwide and NACo; scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the content of their entry
- All entries submitted will become property of Nationwide and may be used for educational and/or marketing purposes; the original author will be credited
How scholarship recipients will be notified:
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in July 2023
- The winner must enroll in an accredited institution by the autumn term of the 2023-2024 school year
- A check payable to the institution will be mailed directly to the institution of each scholarship recipient during the fall of 2023
For more information and to see this year’s essay question, visit nrsforu.com/scholarship