The Washington County Local Management Board (LMB) announced its award of $866,202 in state grant funds awarded by the Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services.
The grant award will fund six initiatives aimed at strengthening and improving the lives of youth and families residing in Washington County. The grant will be managed by the Washington County Office of Grant Management. There is an intentional focus on three elements: Racial & Ethnic Disparities (R/EDs), Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), and Trauma-Informed Practices (TIPs). Programs and strategies are also aligned with the Children’s Cabinet priorities:
- Reducing the impact of parental incarceration on children, youth, families, and communities;
- Improving outcomes for disconnected/opportunity youth;
- Reducing childhood hunger;
- Reducing youth homelessness;
- Increasing opportunities for community-based programs and services for youth; and,
- Preventing out-of-State placements.
The initiatives/programs receiving funding in Washington County are:
- Family Centered Support Services
- School Based Mental Health Program
- Family Strong
- Western Maryland Consortium Disconnected Youth Services
- Local Care Team Coordinator
- Juvenile Diversion Program