Are you known for your attention to detail? Do you love making an office environment the best it can be? Do you thrive as the “go-to” person who connects people with the resources they need? Then MACo is looking for you!
MACo is currently hiring an Office Coordinator – applications are due June 2, 2021 (instructions below).
The Office Coordinator runs the front office, greeting guests and answering phones, so experience in and enthusiasm for stellar customer service is a “must.” The Office Coordinator functions as the hub of office operations by maintaining the facility, managing office/vendor relationships, and performing a diverse range of high-level administrative support and clerical tasks for colleagues, playing an important and necessary role in MACo’s overall success. Reporting to the Member Services Director, the Office Coordinator also leads and supports other team projects as needed, including in-office meetings, off-site conference/event duties, and advocacy support tasks. Join the team at MACo to be a part of the work we’re doing on behalf of local government and the people of Maryland!
In addition to a competitive salary, generous benefits include: sick and vacation leave; life and disability insurance; retirement plan; long-term care insurance; employer-paid parking; bonus eligibility; training opportunities; and fully employer-funded health, dental, and optical insurance. This position is an in-office position, once it is safe to resume in-office work.
(full position description available at www.mdcounties.org/2021OfficeCoordinator)
- Front Office – Manages office upkeep and presentation, supplies, relationships with office vendors (including utilities, telecoms, IT, building maintenance)
- Telephone/Email Inquiries – Primary contact to respond to incoming phone calls and emails, answering inquiries and/or forwarding to appropriate parties
- Meetings/Events – Coordinates in-house meetings for staff and membership e.g., conference room availability, number of attendees, scheduling and outreach, guest invitations, food and beverage needs, set-up, and clean-up
- Conference and Event Support – Provides a broad range of support for conference and event functions as directed, including scheduling speaker briefing calls, stuffing namebadges, staffing on-site check-in, and sending post-event correspondence
- Clerical/Administrative Support – Reviews and distributes mail, manages staff calendars, coordinates conference calls, prepares briefing materials for meetings, registers colleagues for trainings/events, tracks training and professional development for staff, coordinates travel arrangements for staff, etc.
- Legislation and Policy Support – Tracks bill hearings on staff calendars, schedule meetings with legislators, coordinates logistics for weekly Legislative Committee meetings and Legislative Staffers meetings
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills, with a polite, helpful, and enthusiastic phone manner
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong working knowledge of Zoom or other online meeting platforms for hosting and participating in virtual meetings
- Poise and maturity
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Experience with vendor proposals and negotiations for standard office supplies and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to think independently
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter with demonstrated ability to set and manage multiple priorities and work independently while functioning as part of a cooperative team
Candidates familiar with Maryland county governments and/or the Maryland legislative process will be given special consideration
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
- Ability to walk up stairs several times in a row, carrying supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate and problem-solve
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to view/process data on computer screens for long periods of time
- Stable internet connection for any period of time when MACo staff are working from home
3-5 years of experience in a similar administrative or office management role with a heavy customer service focus
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
In-office employee (remote until safe to be in-office)
Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package
- Carefully review the position details (www.mdcounties.org/2021OfficeCoordinator) and MACo (www.mdcounties.org)
- Apply via email to Administration & Finance Director, Ms. Leslie Velasco, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, June 2, 2021
- Include “Office Coordinator – NAME” in the email subject line
- Attach the following documents (ALL ARE REQUIRED):
- Cover Letter detailing 1) current salary, 2) desired salary with justification, and 3) the reasons the applicant feels he/she is qualified for the Office Coordinator position;
- Resume, which must contain educational background, work experience (particularly any relevant to this position), and computer software familiarity;
- Writing sample; and
- Three references – references will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.
An email response will be sent upon receipt of application.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2021