Do you want a voice in creating the national legislative policies of the National Association of Counties (NACo)?
If you are chosen as a NACo steering committee member, you would be responsible for debating and creating national policies and priorities affecting counties and serving on NACo’s front-line in their grassroots efforts. Committees meet at the NACo legislative and annual conferences and one other time during the year (you would be responsible for your own travel).
NACo Steering Committees (follow links for more info):
- Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee
- Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee
- Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee
- Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee
- Health Steering Committee
- Human Services and Education Steering Committee
- Justice and Public Safety Steering Committee
- Public Lands Steering Committee
- Telecommunications and Technology Steering Committee
- Transportation Steering Committee
If you are interested in serving on a committee, please fill out the Steering Committee Nomination Form and be as thorough as possible. Completed forms should be emailed to Allison Valliant at firstname.lastname@example.org. The nominations are then processed in MACo’s office and will be forwarded to NACo for approval by the NACo President. If selected you will be notified of your appointment in September.