The National Association of Counties (NACo) is now accepting submissions for the 2020 County Achievement Awards. Applications can be submitted via their website.
NACo’s Achievement Awards Program is a non-competitive awards program that seeks to recognize innovative county government programs. Last year, NACo recognized 616 award entries from 32 states. This year they’re celebrating a milestone – 50 years of County Innovations!
Awards will be given to counties with innovations in the following areas:
- Arts, Culture & Historic Preservation
- Children and Youth Programs
- Civic Education and Public Information
- Community and Economic Development
- County Administration and Management
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety
- County Resiliency: Infrastructure, Energy & Sustainability
- Financial Management
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Parks and Recreation
- Personnel Management, Employment and Training
- Risk and Emergency Management