MACo’s Winter Conference, “Building for the Future,” on Dec 4-6, 2019, will bring together more than 600 leaders in the private and public sectors to discuss how to prepare for the changes on the horizon in Maryland. See the list of educational session titles below.
This conference features 3 days of educational sessions, events, and meetings along with a 60-booth tradeshow of vendors offering solutions for local governments, non profits, and commercial organizations. The educational content will focus on county governance challenges and best practices – from the foundation to the rooftop – that will decide Maryland’s future. Topics to be discussed include school construction, clean energy infrastructure and solar siting, “The Blueprint for Maryland’s Future,” medical cannabis in the workplace, land use and zoning, long term traffic safety planning, and engaging with constituents.
More details will be available soon, but here are the titles of the sessions to be presented on December 4-6, 2019:
- Change Order: Is a Shift in School Construction Funding on the Way?
- Clean and Green: Charting Maryland’s Energy Future
- Breaking Down the Blueprint: School Funding in Focus
- Cannabis Conundrum: Looking Toward Legalization
- 2020 Maryland General Assembly Forecast
- Perfect Storm for County Budgets…Revisited
- Let the Sunshine In: What You Need to Know About Solar Energy Siting
- Inmate Healthcare: Sorting Fact from Fiction
- Vitals? Check: Taking the Pulse of Maryland’s Emergency Medical Services
- No More Deaths: Vision Zero and Maryland’s Mission for Roadway Safety
- 50 Shades of Graywater: What Does Water Reuse Mean for Your County?
- Clearing the Air: A Closer Look at Vaping
- Are You Prepared? Keeping Your Workplace Safe and Secure
- It Takes a Village – Building Resilience and Treating Trauma
- New Technology, New Policy – The Ever-Shrinking Island of Cable Television
- Sharing the Trail: Bicycles, Pedestrians, and Now…eScooters?!?
- Short-Term Rental Revolution: What’s Your Game Plan?
- 2 for 1: Flood Prevention (And Cleaner Water, Too!)
- 2020 Census: The Foundation for Our Future
- Contemplating Our Congestion Crisis
- What’s the Plan? Meeting Our Climate Change Goals
- MACo Good Government Book Club: “Deep Work” by Cal Newport
Sign up for your free copy today!
- “Staying’ Alive” – Learn to Save a Life with Naloxone Training for Opioid Overdoeses and Hands-Only CPR
- A Chat with the Smart Growth Subcabinet
- Employment Issues
- Basics of Risk Management
- County Financial Management
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Online Attendee Registration Form
- PDF Attendee Registration Form and Rates Sheet
- Discounted Hotel Block Details
- Exhibit and Sponsor Info Coming Soon!
- See What It’s Like…Winter Conference Twitter Coverage
- General Inquiries: Contact Virginia White