As a transportation hub of national highways and international air travel, Maryland is uniquely situated to be a “hot spot” for human trafficking.
At this year’s MACo Winter Conference, the Women of MACo Lunch will feature a speaker on human trafficking. The Women of MACo is a chapter organization of MACo, made up for female elected and appointed officials from all of Maryland’s county governments and Baltimore City.
The Maryland Human Trafficking Task Force has identified and provided assistance to 396 survivors of Human Trafficking in Maryland. Incidents of trafficking often occur at truck stops and through International Airports.
At this year’s Women of MACo Lunch, Lisae Jordan, Esq., Executive Director & Counsel of the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA) will speak about state and local actions that can be taken to combat human trafficking.
Jordan is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Before she became Executive Director of MCASA, she worked with Maryland Children’s Alliance and founded MCASA’s Sexual Assault Legal Institute. MCASA’s legal division is SALI, the Sexual Assault Legal Institute, a nationally recognized legal services program providing direct representation to survivors of sexual assault and child sexual abuse.
About the Women of MACo Lunch featuring Director Jordan:
- Speaker: Lisae Jordan, Executive Director & Counsel of the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Moderator: Baltimore County Council Chairwoman Vicki Almond
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 8, 2016; 11:45 am – 12:45 pm
- Registration: To attend this luncheon, register for the MACo Conference using the links below, and kindly RSVP to mdcounties.org/WC16WOMLunchRSVP by November 16, 2016.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration – ATTENDEES
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Sponsor Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com