MACo’s January 2015 Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will take place from January 7-9 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme of the conference is “The Road Ahead” and will focus on local government legislative priorities for the upcoming General Assembly Session, integrating newly elected officials, and building relationships with new legislators and the new Administration.
One panel will focus on the procurement process and educate local officials of the many regulations and guidelines to be followed when contracting for a new public building to purchasing computers.
Description: Much of your county’s success hinges on goods and services purchased through public processes. Counties seek to maximize their purchasing dollars to deliver the best for their citizens and taxpayers. Procurement law from the state and counties dictates standards and practices to follow to ensure fair competition, and to promote public goals. This panel will lay out what you need to know about the overlapping array of regulations, goals, and guidelines you – in your role as a county elected official, agency manager, or professional purchasing officer – need to know.
- Suzette Moore, President, Maryland Public Purchasing Association; Chief Procurement Officer, Maryland Aviation Administration
- Linda Dandgerfield, Deputy Director, Office of Procurement, Maryland Aviation Administration
- Karen Reddersen, Director, Area Extension, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Maryland
Date/Time: Thursday, January 8, 2015; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (with session descriptions)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms: (contact email@example.com for help with registration)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.