The Governor’s Redistricting Advisory Committee announced the schedule of 12 public hearings that will help inform the committee as it drafts a recommended plan for the State’s Legislative and Congressional redistricting. The Hearing dates, times and locations are listed below.
- · Saturday, July 23, 11 a.m., 11 a.m., Hancock High School (auditorium), 289 W. Main St., Hancock, Washington County –Sign up here
- · Saturday, July 23, 2 p.m., Hood College (Rosenstock Hall-Hodson Auditorium), 401 Rosemont Ave., Frederick
- · Monday, July 25, 7 p.m., Prince George’s Community College (Largo Student Center-Rennie Forum), 301 Largo Road, Largo, Prince George’s County
- · Wednesday, August 10, 7 p.m., The Universities at Shady Grove (Building #1Auditorium), 9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Montgomery County
- · Friday, August 12, 7 p.m., Morgan State University, Student Center (Calvin & TinaTyler Ballroom #4), 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore City
- · Wednesday, August 24, 7 p.m., The College of Southern Maryland (Center for Business and Industry, Room BI-113), 8730 Mitchell Road, La Plata, Charles County
- · Saturday, August 27, 11 a.m., Harford Community College (Amoss Center), 200 Thomas Run Road, Bel Air, Harford County
- · Saturday, August 27, 2 p.m., Towson University (Stephens Hall Theater), 8000 York Road, Towson, Baltimore County
- · Tuesday, August 30, 4 p.m., Anne Arundel County (Location to be announced)
- · Tuesday, August 30, 7 p.m., Howard County (Location to be announced)
- · Saturday, September 10, 12:30 p.m., Salisbury University, 1101 Camden Avenue, Salisbury, Wicomico County
- · Saturday, September 10, 4 p.m., Chesapeake College (Todd Performing Arts Center),Routes 50 and 213, Wye Mills, Talbot County
Advanced sign up for the hearings is required. Click here to go to the Sign-In Page.
MACo will be holding a session on Redistricting at the Summer Conference on Wednesday, August 17 entitled , Redistricting: An Elected Official’s Challenge Every 10 Years from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.