At this year’s MACo Winter Conference, several prominent communications experts will meet to discuss the social media landscape for local governments. Speakers will touch on key areas of interest including why social media is increasingly needed to reach constituents, how social media has helped officials keep governments afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic, and what resources are available to help our local governments effectively leverage social media outlets.
Extra, Extra #ReadAllAboutIt: Reaching Residents with Social Media
Description: Getting the public’s attention has always been difficult for local governments, but COVID-19 made outreach a life-or-death situation. Join several local government communications team members as they share insights into how they used social media in the COVID-era to grab attention, steer conversations, impart critical information, and increase overall civic engagement.
- Adam Abadir, Communications Director, Baltimore City Health Department
- Jeffrey Amoros, Communications Director, Anne Arundel County Executive’s Office
- Matt Anthes, Vice President for Digital Communications, Hatcher Group
- Mileah Kromer, Professor, Goucher College
- Michael Ricci, Director of Communications – MD Office of the Governor
- The Honorable Jan Gardner, County Executive, Frederick County
Date/Time: Thursday, December 9, 2021; 10:30 am – 11:30 am
The 2021 MACo Winter Conference, “Time to Reboot: Tomorrow’s Tech Today,” will be held on December 8-10, 2021, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, Maryland.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: