Are you a savvy communications professional looking to join an expert, innovative, and fun team? Do you love the idea of taking the keys to the very successful MACo blog, social media, and podcast and revving up the engine? Then we’re looking for you! Apply today.
MACo is seeking a Communications Coordinator to manage our online and in person communications channels. Applications are due by March 26 (instructions listed below).
A ‘tech-savvy’ communications expert, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning, building, managing, and analyzing MACo’s messaging and online presence. With the primary goal of driving traffic to MACo’s various online channels, they will proactively manage and optimize the Association’s digital outlets to ensure best results. Responsible for coordinating and executing MACo’s communications strategy, this individual will create and run informational campaigns for a wide variety of MACo services, ranging from events promotion to legislative advocacy.
This individual will thrive on turning input from policy or program experts into creative and exciting output with relevant messaging and targeted outreach for a wide variety of audiences to include local and state elected officials, government employees, legislators, commercial entities, and others interested in MACo’s work. The Communications Coordinator works closely with county communications professionals, media, and external partners to identify opportunities for new outreach and information-sharing. This is a mid-level position that welcomes creativity and offers opportunities for growth and professional development.
3-5 years of experience in a similar role managing communications, social media, or other marketing responsibilities strongly preferred – ideally (though not necessarily) within a membership association or advocacy organization.
Associates Degree or higher in communications, PR, journalism or marketing, preferred.
Exempt, full-time, salaried position with generous benefits. Potentially a remote/work-from-home position, or a hybrid office/remote arrangement; availability to be in-office for the two weeks or more prior to a conference is required; on-site attendance at all conferences is required.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package
- Carefully review the position details and MACo’s website
- Apply via email to Administration & Finance Director, Ms. Leslie Velasco, at email@example.com by 4:30 pm, March 26, 2021
- Include “Communications Coordinator – NAME” in the email subject line
- Attach the following documents (ALL ARE REQUIRED):
- Cover Letter detailing 1) present salary, 2) desired salary with justification, and 3) the reasons the applicant feels he/she is qualified for the Communications Coordinator position;
- Resume, which must contain educational background, work experience (particularly any relevant to this position), and computer software familiarity;
- Persuasive writing sample;
- Links to professional social media account(s) managed by candidate; and
- Three references – references will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.
An email response will be sent upon receipt of all applications.