The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) is offering assistance through a variety of services for those affected by flooding in response to the Governor’s declaration of a State of Emergency.
- Division of Workforce Development
- Workforce centers around the state provide dislocated worker retraining services and job search assistance
- Unemployment Insurance
- DLLR has extended the hours of unemployment insurance services to Monday through Friday from 8 am to 2 pm (410.853.1600) or 24/7 online (www.mdunemployment.com)
- Labor and Industry
- Free safety and health survey to analyze risks and hazards of clearing flood-related debris
- Occupational and Professional Licensing
- Tips and tricks for finding professional replacement contractors
- Free occupational or professional replacement licenses (if the license was damaged in the flood)
It is also offering tips for returning to your home and worker safety after a flood.
“Flood waters may contain sharp objects such as glass or metal fragment that can cause injury and lead to infection.”
The official Maryland Flood Information Flyer.
For complete service details and safety tips please see the DLLR’s official Flood Relief Website Page.