Hear an update on the work of the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission at the 2015 MACo Summer Conference, including its past work on Reinvest Maryland, its current work on Smart Growth indicators, and its pending work on the nature of priority funding areas and rural growth issues.
The Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission continues to study and make recommendations regarding Smart Growth policy for the State and local governments. Last year the Commission unveiled its Reinvest Maryland policy recommendations for Infill, Revitalization, and Redevelopment. This year the Commission is working on Smart Growth indicators, rural growth issues, and other land use topics that directly affect county governments. Panelists will provide an update on the current activities of the Commission, highlight potential future areas of study, and solicit county feedback on the Commission’s goals and work.
- Jon Laria, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP and Chair, Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission
- The Honorable Mary Ann Lisanti, Maryland Delegate and Vice Chair, Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission
- Greg Bowen, Planner, Land Stewardship Solutions, LLC and Member, Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission
- Leslie Knapp, Jr., Legal and Policy Counsel, MACo and Member, Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission
Moderator: The Honorable Stephen Lafferty, Maryland Delegate (invited)
Date & Time: Friday, August 14, 2015; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- List of Current Exhibitors
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
- #MACoCon on Twitter
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.