The National Association of Counties (NACo) northeast regional conference call will be held Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 8:00am. The agenda includes updates on the highway trust fund, the EPA’s Waters of the U.S. and ozone rulemakings, and the Affordable Care Act’s excise tax on employer-sponsored health benefits.
To join the call, Dial-In: 1-719-359-9722, or Dial-In (toll free): 1-888-757-2790. The guest passcode is 299194
Conference Call Objectives
- Regular update from your NACo Regional Representative
- NACo Staff update on critical issues legislatively and organizationally
- Address issues of concern to you
Welcome and Introductions:
- Christian Leinbach – Chairman, Berks County Commissioners (PA)
General Legislative/NACo Update:
- Deborah Cox – NACo Legislative Director
- Transportation reauthorization and the Highway Trust Fund – Here is a brand new video from NACo about transportation!
- Waters of the U.S.
- EPA proposed Ozone rule
- Human trafficking legislation
- 40 percent excise tax on employer-sponsored health benefits
- NACo 2nd VP race update
Next Conference Call will be June 24th at 8AM