The 2013 Winter Conference sessions will be about county services with a focus on innovative best practices, service delivery during emergency situations, and open and transparent government.
Academy Core Courses:
- “Open Meetings”
General Session Titles:
- First General Session: “County Service in Times of Trouble: The Local Role in Emergency Response”
- Second General Session: “Open Government: What We Owe Our Citizens”
- Education General Session: “Schooling Alternatives: Who? What? When? Where? Why?”
- Closing General Session/Boxed Luncheon: “A Q&A Discussion with the EPA” (ticket required)
Affiliate Session Titles:
- Attorneys, Administrators, Corrections – “When Disaster Strikes…”
- Parks & Recreation – “Building Partnerships for Better Parks”
- Planners – “Blood, Sweat, and Tiers: The New Levels of County Planning”
- Health Officers, Human Services, Aging – “Reaching Everyone: Emergency Response for Residents at Risk”
- Budget & Finance – “Maximizing Public Investments: Getting More Bang for the Taxpayer Buck”
- Planners – “Growing, Growing, Gone? Analyzing the State’s Growth Offset Policy”
- Human Resources – “What’s Essential? Staff Coverage and Continuity of Operations”
- Budget & Finance – “The Nuts and Bolts of School Budgeting”
- Engineers – “Infrastructure Emergencies: Protection, Preparation, Prevention”
- Health Officers – “The Whole Story: Before, During, and After a Violent Crisis”
Registration, Hotel, & Sponsorship Information:
- Download our registration brochure to see the schedule, program titles (descriptions will be available soon), and hotel reservation information.
- Online registration is now available.
- Online hotel room reservation at the Hyatt is also available.
- Download our sponsorship brochure to found out how your company can be a supporter of this conference and the work of local government!