Howard County Executive Ken Ulman has submitted his $175.25 million proposed FY 2013 capital budget.
“This year’s capital budget focuses on reinvesting in our existing infrastructure: schools, libraries and our roadways,” said Executive Ulman. “With the State budget still in flux, we continue to be conservative in our decision-making process, and are always mindful that priorities such as education – which again makes up the largest portion of this proposed budget, the environment and key infrastructure come first.”
Budget highlights include:
- $74 million for school projects
- $13.5 million in State and local funds for Howard Community College
- $11 million in funding for stormwater facility upgrades, stream and watershed improvements, and retrofits
- Funding for building maintenance projects
- $5 million for renovations to the Savage Branch Library
- $4.3 million for renovation of the old Miller Branch Library
- $1.48 million for site planning of the Elkridge Fire Station
- $10.5 million in road resurfacing projects
The full budget proposal is available on the Howard County website.